- Communicate with us by email, telephone, mail, or facsimile or interact with us in person;
- Sign up for one of our membership programs;
- Sign up to receive email, mail, or other communications from us;
- Apply for a job at Global Medical Response; or
- Otherwise provide Personal Information to us, whether offline or online, in the context of our relationship with you.
What Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address, and broader categories of information, such as your professional information, commercial information, and Internet activity.
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access our Services. Depending on how you use the Services, we may collect the following types of information from or about you or your household:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, date of birth, phone number, and contact information;
- Health information, such as information we receive from or about you when we provide you with medical transport and related healthcare services and information related to your payment for healthcare services;
- Your membership program sign-up information, such as your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, and last four digits of your Social Security number;
- Usage information, such as information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access the Sites, your IP address, the type of Internet browser used to visit the Sites, the areas of the Sites you visited and the actions you performed on the Sites, and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies as described in the “Cookies and Web Beacons” section below;
- Job applicant information, such as your resume, curriculum vitae, employment history, educational history, references, qualifications, and demographic information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your job application, such as gender and race.
- User account information, such as log-in credentials for the patient portal or the user account you create when submitting a job application through the Sites;
- Transaction information, such as your transport call number and limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information.
- Other information you may choose to provide, such as when you contact our billing services center, pay your bill, send us comments or questions, or otherwise communicate with us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as outlined below:
- Provide you with the Services. We may use your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, process your job application, process your transactions, respond to your questions and comments, and send you communications about the Services.
- Build and maintain our relationship with you. We may use your Personal Information to improve your experience with our Services, send you marketing messages about the Services that may be of interest to you, and send you informational newsletters. We may also draw inferences from the Personal Information you provide to us, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, and interest in our Services.
- Improve the Sites and our Service offerings. We may use your Personal Information to understand who is visiting the Sites and using the Services, perform market research and analysis, analyze how the Sites are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Sites and your user experience, conduct quality assurance activities, perform internal business reviews, and develop new Services.
- Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings. We may use your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as outlined below:
- With our service providers. We may share your Personal Information with service providers and vendors that perform tasks on our behalf, such as invoicing or billing activities, marketing and analytics activities, payment processing, and the operation and maintenance of the Sites.
- Public and governmental authorities. We may share your Personal Information with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over Global Medical Response, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies.
- Other third parties, as reasonably necessary. We may share your Personal Information:
- In relation to a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part);
- To comply with your request.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may track certain information about your access or use of the Sites in the following ways:
- The Sites may use web beacons in combination with cookies to help Global Medical Response identify and track usage of the Sites in order to gather aggregate data related to their usage and usability. A web beacon (also called a “pixel tag” or “clear GIF”) is a piece of computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and website traffic. Global Medical Response will use this “web analytics” data only as aggregate site visitation statistics or to personalize the end-user experience.
- The Sites may customize the website viewing experience and/or capture web analytics by using either internal analytics software or by sending this information to service providers to help Global Medical Response analyze this data. Global Medical Response’s purpose in collecting web analytics information is primarily to better understand how visitors use the Sites and to optimize visitor experience and interaction with the Sites.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Third Parties
The third-party service providers we may use for advertising and analytics include, but are not limited to:
- Instagram Ad Solutions. Instagram’s ability to use and information it collects about your visits to the Sites is restricted by Instagram’s Data Policy. To opt out of Instagram Ad Solutions, you can manage your Ad Choices.
You have the right to access, amend, delete or restrict the use of your Personal Information collected by us. You may submit a request to exercise these rights by using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you register your email address with us, we may use such information provided by you for internal purposes and may send you information about new website features or services, updates about our Services, promotional material or offers from some of our corporate partners, and other news. If you wish to opt out of receiving future email communications, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below or unsubscribe by following any instructions included in the email message.
Notice to California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides eligible California residents with certain rights regarding your Personal Information. If you are an eligible California resident, you may follow the directions below to exercise your rights.
California Consumer Privacy Act. For the purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” does not include PHI or other patient information that is maintained by us in compliance with HIPAA or the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act.
- Request to Know. You have the right to request to know (1) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (2) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (3) the types of sources from which such Personal Information was collected; (4) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (5) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (6) the purposes for collecting and selling your Personal Information.
Generally, in the past 12 months:
- We have disclosed the categories of Personal Information described in the “What Information We Collect” section to the types of third parties listed in the “How We Share Your Personal Information” section.
- Depending on your use of the Sites, we may disclose site usage information about you to advertisers and advertising networks for advertising purposes, which may be considered a sale as defined by the CCPA. We may share this information with our advertisers and advertising networks to allow them to better tailor their advertisements on our Sites and/or on third-party websites. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age.
- Request to delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request to delete, we will let you know the reason for the denial.
- Opt Out of Sale of Your Personal Information. Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. California law defines the term “sale” broadly and may cover our transfer of information to third parties to provide Internet-based advertising.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, please understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of the Sites or our Services.
To make a request to know or delete under the CCPA, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document your requests and our responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify your identity and request a signed document from your agent that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on your behalf.
California “Shine the Light” Law. California residents may also request information from us once per calendar year about certain Personal Information shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. To request this information, please contact us by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Information. Please understand, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, please be thoughtful about what information you send through the Sites.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through the Sites. However, like many websites, our Sites are not currently designed to recognize a “Do Not Track” signal from a web browser.
The Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect the Personal Information of children under 18 years of age through the Sites without the authorization of a responsible adult (e.g., a parent or legal guardian).
Global Medical Response
6363 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, Ste. 1400
Greenwood Village, CO 80111